Sunday, November 21, 2010

Create More Butterflies by F Jordan & H Schwenke

  Print field guides have been one of my most important resources learning the species of this area. When I started re-planting almost six years ago I knew barely any of the native species other than birds. And indeed, I've had my Birds of Australia by Simpson and Day for twenty one years. 

Create more Butterflies has given me, by way of sourcing and growing the plants recommended, blue triangle butterflies, orchard swallowtails, fuscous swallowtails, yellow migrants and white migrants, yellow admiral, varied eggfly, splendid ochre, small grass yellow and several more in their seasons.

Nectar flowers will convince butterflies to visit. If you grow plants their caterpillars need, they'll stay long enough to deposit their eggs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment